[Polyglactin 910] Suture
♦ Braided, Coated Polyglycilide-co-Polylactide (PGA-PLA)
♦ Copolymer from (90%) glycolide & (10%) L-lactide [Glacomer91]
♦ Coated Glacomer 91 & Calcium Sterate, [Polyglactin 910] Suture
- Holds through critical wound healing period, then is rapidly absorbed.
- Braided for excellent handling, exceptional suppleness, superior strength and good knot security.
- Superior coating provides smooth passage through tissue.
- Braided, Coated with Poly(glycolide-co-L-lactide) Glacomer 37/ Calcium Stearate.
- Excellent tensile strength reduces breakage.
- Absorbs by hydrolysis in 57 to 70 days with virtually no tissue reaction.
CENTISORB is comparable in absorption time and tensile strength to other coated braided synthetic absorbable sutures
CENTISORB Coated, Braided strong and smooth suture with minimal memory provides superior handling, accurate knot placement and knot security. Laser drilled premium quality atraumatic needles are featured on CENTISORB sutures for use in the most delicate speciality procedures.
CENTENIAL’S Polyglactin 910, CENTISORB suture is a Synthetic Absorbable, multifilament, braided, coated suture composed of a copolymer made from (90%) glycolide and (10%) L-lactide. CENTISORB suture is a Poly(glycolide-co lactide) (90/10) (PGA-PLA) (POLYGLACTIN 910) ~ formula Poly(glycolide-co lactide) (C2H2O2)m(C3H4O2)n. CENTISORB sutures are undyed or dyed violet with D & C Violet # 2 & coated. CENTISORB sutures are coated with mixture of Poly(glycolide-co-lactide)(30/70) and Calcium Stearate ~ formula (C2H2O2)m(C3H4O2)n+ (C36H70O4Ca) & have been found to be nonantigenic, nonpyrogenic & elicit only a slight tissue reaction during absorption. CENTISORB sutures dyed by adding D&C Violet No.2, chemical name 1-hydroxy-4-p-toluidinoantraquinone with a formula C21H15NO3 ~ (Colour index number 60725/Solvent Violet 13) reference : 21 CFR 74, 3602. CENTISORB sutures are available in a range of gauge sizes & lengths, and attached to stainless steel needles (black / silver colour) of varying types & sizes. CENTISORB complies with the requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia for Sterile Synthetic Absorbable Sutures & the United State Pharmacopoeia for Sterile Synthetic Absorbable Sutures.
Laser drilled atraumatic needles
- Custom 18/8 Series Steel provides superior strength and ductility.
- Sharp point geometry enables easy penetration.
- Square body design enhances strength and offers a closer needle / suture ratio.
- Black colour needles for optimum visibility.
- Available on CENTISORB USP sizes 5 through 8-0.
Swaged End of Centenial Laser drilled Needle
Swaged End of Conventional Channeled Needle
Superior Needle Point
- Made of advanced stainless steel alloy for sharper point and increased durability.
- Finer taper ratio for excellent penetration.
- Holds edge longer, pass after pass.
SUPERIOR NEEDLE ATTACHMENT
- Complete line of drilled end needles.
- Needles are drilled for a smooth needle suture attachment, providing an easier transition with less tissue disruption.
Packaged 1 dozen per box
- Uniform colour coding, easy code conversions.
- Unopened primary package can be returned to storage if not immediately needed.